Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Treehomes

As well as being at the fantastic Bust Craftacular this Saturday, Bbel will also have a stall at the Christmas Fair in the beautiful Hillier Gardens in Hampshire.  The Sir Harold Hillier Gardens are  just outside Romsey and the Christmas Fair is on from Saturday 12 December to Monday 21 December, 10am to 4pm each day.


'Plants of Current Interest' in the Gardens (they will give you a map showing all of these and more when you visit)



 

Maylus Crittenden - the good old British Crab Apple - good for jams, wines and pies, yum


Euonymus alatus or ‘Burning Bush’, when the leaves have fallen off, they reveal this beautiful winged bark.

I manage to visit the gardens several times each year, and it was this summer that I discovered their treehouse.  From that moment, I have been designing in my head the home that I will be building in my perfect tree. 


I quite fancy having the quick escape routes at the back - never know when you may need to abseil out of your house.

The company that designed and built it, Blue Forest have an amazing gallery of treehouses including this sweet thatched roof





And if I ever get really ambitious, or just want to house another 20 people I guess I could try one of these...the largest treehouse in the world at Alnwick Gardens
 







No comments:

Post a Comment