Saturday, January 30, 2010

Miss Haversham's Jewels

I work in both silver and acrylic - I often play around with different materials to see which suits each piece and design.  For example, the geese migration necklace, which I was keen to make since I found a beautiful photograph of canada geese, silhouetted against the sky, can only be made from white acrylic.  I thought about producing a silver version, but it just wasn't the same.  It's one of my favourite necklaces, and can't really be appreciated until it's on!


I then found some amazing sheets of recycled materials and really wanted to use them in my designs.  And, yes, I tried it out with the geese, but I had to stick with the super whiteness of the acrylic.  But when I started on my Miss Haversham's Jewels collection, I knew the yoghurt pot and refrigerator sheet was perfect.


This design is part of the pearl necklace collection, which also features the pearl necklace brooch - both hand cut from recycled yoghurt pots and refrigerator seals sheet.



More recycled designs will be coming soon - look out for my recycled coffee cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment